Blogs and Op-Eds
Recent posts:from the tiber to the james
- Welcoming the stranger: Using Scripture to guide our immigration thinking - 8/27/14
- Immigration Policy: It's broken and we must fix it - 8/21/14
- Child refugees: Who are the "unaccompanied minors" at our borders? - 8/13/14
- Despipte flawed decision, the true definition of marriage remains - 7/30/14
- Here we go again: Women, not abortion centers, need protection - 7/24/14
Op-eds by Conference staff
- Health insurance for some, or all? Virginia Podboy, associate director, Arlington Herald, 4/23/14
- Medicaid waivers: state has neglected access, services for the disabled, Michael Lewis, associate director, Richmond Times Dispatch, 2/28/14
- Federal health care law should not expand abortion, or force people to pay for others' abortions, Jeff Caruso, executive director, Letter to the Editor, Richmond Times-Dispatch, 3/2/13
- Defend Our First American Freedom, Arlington Herald op-ed, Feb. 6, 2013
Columns by VIrginia Bishops
- Virginia Bishops op-ed on immigration reform : Who is My Brother, Richmond Times-Dispatch, Oct. 13, 2013
- Bishop DiLorenzo recalls America's founding principles of freedom and points to grave threat to religious freedom inherent in HHS contraception mandate, Richmond TImes-DIspatch Op-Ed April 9, 2012.
- Arlington Catholic Herald column, The Fight for Religious LIberty, Bishop Paul Loverde, Oct. 26, 2011
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- How to reduce abortions, Richard Doerflinger, Associate Director of the Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Washington Post On Faith column, Feb. 21, 2013.
- From Virulent Partisanship to Bold Cooperation, Sister Mary Ann Walsh, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Nov. 7, 2012
- Media Blog
Other Opinion Pieces of Note
- Why Pro-Lifers Keep Fighting Abortion, Helen Alvare and Meg T. McDonnell, Washington Post Op-Ed, March 2, 2013
- U.S. Catholic Women, Your Church is Under Attack, Ashley McGuire, founder and editor-in-chief of AltCatholicah.com, in Arlington Catholic Herald op-ed , May 2, 2012.