News and Events
Blogs and Op-Eds
Blog:From the tiber to the james
VA Catholic Conference blog takes Catholic faith from pew to public square
- GA summary: Conference achieves conscience protections, school choice improvements, protects life at begining and end
- After court rulings state legislatures address religious liberty one way or another
- Bishop Loverde's exhortation to combat s courge of pornography
- Debunking the myths about same-sex "marriage"
- Faithful Citizenship-prayerful participation even when we'd rather not
- Test of faith: Christian charity and immigration reform
- Family as the cornerstone of Christian life and immigration
- Recognizing Jesus in disguise in the stranger in our midst
Postings by Jeff Caruso, Conference Executive Director
- Federal health care law should not expand abortion, or force people to pay for others' abortions, Letter to the Editor, Richmond Times-Dispatch, March 2, 2013
- Defend Our First American Freedom, Arlington Herald op-ed, Feb. 6, 2013
Columns by VIrginia Bishops
- Bishop DiLorenzo recalls America's founding principles of freedom and points to grave threat to religious freedom inherent in HHS contraception mandate, Richmond TImes-DIspatch Op-Ed April 9, 2012.
- Arlington Catholic Herald column, The Fight for Religious LIberty, Bishop Paul Loverde, Oct. 26, 2011
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- How to reduce abortions, Richard Doerflinger, Associate Director of the Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Washington Post On Faith column, Feb. 21, 2013.
- From Virulatent Partisanship to Bold Cooperation, Sister Mary Ann Walsh, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Nov. 7, 2012
- Media Blog
Other Opinion Pieces of Note
- Why Pro-Lifers Keep Fighting Abortion, Helen Alvare and Meg T. McDonnell, Washington Post Op-Ed, March 2, 2013
- U.S. Catholic Women, Your Church is Under Attack, Ashley McGuire, founder and editor-in-chief of AltCatholicah.com, in Arlington Catholic Herald op-ed , May 2, 2012.